Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. The fifteenth king of Israel, son of Jabesh, who conspired against Zachariah, killed him, and brought the dynasty of Jehu to a close, B.C. 770. Shallum, after reigning in Samaria for a month only, was, in his turn, dethroned and killed by Menahem.2Ki_15:10-14.
2. The husband of Huldah, the prophetess,2Ki_22:14; 2Ch_34:23, in the reign of Josiah. (B.C. 830).
3. A descendant of Shesham.1Ch_2:40-41.
4. The third son of Josiah, king of Judah, known in the books of Kings and Chronicles as Jehoahaz.1Ch_3:15; Jer_22:11. See Jehoahaz. (B.C. 610).
5. Son of Shaul, the son of Simeon.1Ch_4:25.
6. A high priest.1Ch_6:12-13; Ezr_7:2.
7. A son of Naphtali.1Ch_7:13.
8. The chief of a family of porters, or gate-keepers, of the east gate of the Temple.1Ch_9:17. (B.C. 1050).
9. Son of Kore, a Korahite.1Ch_9:19; 1Ch_9:31.
10. Father of Jehizkiah, an Ephraimite.2Ch_28:12.
11. One of the porters of the Temple, who had married a foreign wife.Ezr_10:24.
12. One of the sons of Bani.Ezr_10:42.
13. The son of Halohesh, and ruler of a district of Jerusalem.Neh_3:12.
14. The uncle of Jeremiah,Jer_32:7, perhaps the same as Shallum, 2.
15. Father, or ancestor, of MaaseiahJer_35:4, perhaps the same as Shallum, 9. (B.C. 630).
|Taken from: Smith's Bible Dictionary by Dr. William Smith (1884)|